Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 AM
vBench

AFV Sd.Kfz.11 + leFH18 Build Log

Hello all,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is John martin and I currently live in Fort Mill, SC. I have been a model railroader for some time and recently decided that I did not have the space for trains that I really wanted so I decided to jump into plastic modleing, specifically armor. You would think that a retired USAF guy would like the planes but the armor and diorama stuff is much more up my alley.

I have picked up a couple kits at the LHS recently and have found that the kits nowadays are nowhere near what I remember as a kid. I got a Dragon "Vorpanzer" kit and the AFV Sd.Kfz.11 combo kit and all I can say is WOW!!! I did start on the Panzer kit first and decided that I would change tack and start on the leFH18 today. The Panzer was just a bit much starting out. I found out the hard way whe I royally screwed up the running gear. I got things put in wrong and glued them completely immobile I will have to contact DML to get a new set of A sprues so I can fix the problem.

I will start up front with saying I know absolutely NOTHING about armor, historically or personally, and as a complete newbie my initial builds will be OOTB and in a paint style recommended in the box.

There is nothing to post yet but should be today. I am working on the kits over my lunch hour since I am taking classes in the evening. That gives me a solid hour each day to make progress.

I look forward to comments and if there are any questions please let me know.

John Martin
Fort Mill, SC
Reply With Quote top