Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2005, 01:06 PM
vBench

My apologies to anyone who has already viewed this but my V.Bench was lost when the board reverted back to the old format. I`m relatively new back into armour modelling so any comments are very welcome , but please be gentle with me.
This is a Tamiya M4 built as a Sherman I which I did 2 years ago. I didn`t know about such things as research etc then and built it from a drawing I saw and had the marking for it. I later found out that it should have been a Sherman V , so I thought no problem just put the turret on an M4A4 hull and use the M4 hull for another Sherman I. This was the 4th armour model I ever made and at that time was so proud of it until I found out it was wrong. The 1st one I made is now a test bed for trying out new things and I keep 2 and 3 coz even though they aint brilliant they act as a measure on how my skills improve. I digress....
Anyway as I was sanding down the M4 hull I began to look more closely at what I`d built. After seeing some of the great Armour jobs on here I decided that this wasn`t good enough to be saved so with a lot of patience have managed to break/cut it down into more or less it`s original parts ready for rebuild.

This is more or less what it looked like ,just started rubbing off old paint and removed the tools etc.

Broken down into most separate componets now.

Whats left for me to work with , started clean up and filling all the hull holes.

It`s not that I`m too tight to buy another kit or anything , I just thought I could make this a lot better than it was.Well that`s the "destruction" phase complete. Removed all the bogies and redrilled the locating holes in the hull. I wasn`t going to bother changing the wheels over to the correct ones for this vehicle but then I thought , damn it the whole point of doing this was to make it not only a better build , but an accurate one too. So they are all off , not too hard a job. just a few hard cuts with a new blade and then careful leverage with small screw driver and they snapped off the hull.

Now to start putting it back together
Reply With Quote top